SailNet Community - View Single Post - Abaco Charter in February!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
We usually go through the Abacos every second year on our way home. It is ideal for a charter as opposed to the Exumas. If you like nightlife and restaurants, there's lots there. If you like quiet anchorages you'll have to go north of Whale Cay Cut. Being a cat you might be able to do the inside passage and not have to worry about getting back if the Cut is acting up.

I prefer the quieter places so the northern cays appeal to me more than the "hub" area around Marsh Harbour and Hopetown. But for first timers Man-o-War and Hopetown are must sees.

There are lots of charter boats sailing south of "the Whale" but once you get north of Green Turtle it's a lot quieter. So whatever you're looking for, you'll probably find it in the Abacos.
Interesting. I really want to go to Green Turtle, so I'm sure we'll brave The Whale, unless the weather for the whole week turns out terrible, which I guess is possible if a nasty prolonged front comes through.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook