SailNet Community - View Single Post - E-42
Thread: E-42
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
E-42

I have an Endeavour 42. Doing lots of minor upgrades. Hoping to exchange ideas and modifications here with other E-42 owners.

Thanks Brian

So far:

I've added a 17 gallon holding bladder for the aft head in a cavity near the aft, starboard side. Mounted it to the inside wall and ran the trident 101 hose up to the head behind the cabinets. I relocated the Y valve in the space behind the toilet, behind the panel there. Put an access door there. It had been in the cabinet below the sink but interfered with access to the thru-hulls there.

Mounted a new Garmin radar to the mast and a Garmin 3210 plotter to the pedistal guard with ram mounts. The GPS mushroom is on the stern rail.

Put a flatscreen TV on the bulkhead of the main salon port side. Removed the TV from the starboard cabinet top. Freed up some space.

Took one of the vent tubes on starboard side and added a blower motor. Ran that into the engine space near the alternator. Sucking hot air out of the engine room now.

Working on installing a PSS shaft seal. This will be the final step in keeping the deep bilge with the fuel tank totally dry. I ran a tube from under the forward water tank over to the upper bilge under the galley sink. That will get a bilge pump with float switch to pump out rain water from the mast. That is all I should be getting into the boat. A/C condensate from the forward A/C unit now goes overboard via a venturi that sucks it out of the drip pan into the A/C seawater discharge. I have a new fuel tank and plan on keeping it dry and lasting a very long time.

Wife did a superb job of sewing up a new sunbrella bimini. Also made first class cockpit cushions.

Last edited by xort; 10-14-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook