SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing the Chesapeake mid November
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Yes, I do understand. It just "feels" that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendertweed View Post
actually, it's not ... legally, not even close ... fwiw (I'll spare you the legalese details). but it would be annoying.

Nearly was the wrong word. I only meant it is not straight forward "pull over, your driving too fast" and it should have been. To me the fillet rule is a safety net to catch those that would clean them on the way to the dock. Silly.

If you have a problem with someone, you either tell them, or you don't. He was waiting for more infractions, which he got, if in fact the fish were undersize in the first place. I wonder if he just knows he can always bag a sailor on that one. Like a cruiser was going to even compare with the habitual illegal fishing that abounds.

I guess I will keep taking my chances, because I'll be damned if I'm going to take fish home so I can eat them days later. Fortunately, it seems I catch spot, croaker, and blues.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook