SailNet Community - View Single Post - So... How big is a "blue water" boat?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009

Capt.Fred is on a distinguished road
Dear Thesnort, I like your style, I rest my case. Thank you,
Capt.Fred,

Addenda: I again stress that a blue water sailor would not take a non sea worthy boat to sea. However, here's a true fable; A little kid carefully removed the handle off a tiny plastic spoon. He then inserted the sharpened stub of the handle just slightly forward (toward the narrow end) of mid center into his dad's wine bottle cork. He then inserted lengthwise a single edge SS razor into the opposite side of the cork. He made sure the razor had that slight rake and the spoon's convex side pointed toward the narrow end of the cork. He dipped the whole sea worthy boat into his dad's bottom paint. Let it dry, christened it Cheap Red and set it off to sea from a beautiful white sandy beach on Gulf Coast of Alabama. On its journey with the current and storms it washed ashore a few time, but changing winds set it off again with no reported damage. Cheap Red was last noted by a megatanker flexing and taking on water off the South East side of the Cape Of good Hope. We shall hear further about Cheap Red. It just goes to show you that some boats are even stronger than their crew. but are aimless without a crew.
Toodle doo.

Last edited by Capt.Fred; 10-16-2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: added a thought
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook