SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Creekmore owners?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009

CreekmoreJohn is on a distinguished road
Scoopy, thanks for the update and your voyages this past summer sound great. There are quite a few YouTube's of sailing on Lake Michigan so I have a pretty good vision of life on the Lake. I just recently read about St. James Harbor and Beaver Island. I'm happy to hear about your new headsail. Magic could really use a new set of sails. The mainsail is very stretched out. I have read that the shape would cause a significant amount of weather helm. And we certainly have that on Magic. Our budget says we are going to make do for now. Mark and I did get the fuel filter inserts replaced and the additional filter in place. We now have 30, 10 and 2 micron filtering. Our Perkins fired up and we motored over to the pump out and out on the Lake for awhile. Our sailing season is just starting. This weekend is predicted to be 10 to 15 with gusts to 20 each day and Lake Lanier is above full pool, the first time since early 2005. And it is a strange time of year to be at full pool. Mama has wanted for a year or two a dinghy to motor about the marina. Mark and I tried resurrecting an old Zodiac. That was a disaster. Regluing the seams! It held air nicely but we could never get all the leaks in the floor seams glued. We moved on to looking for a Boston Whaler. We found an 11'4" model in Frankfort, KY and drove up and back in one day to bring it back. Although it is a 1977, it is in good shape. It has a 25 horsepower Evinrude that runs well and we can really scoot about. The Whaler is very stable getting in and out off the dock. I'll post some pictures this week. Creekmore John
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook