SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailnet Suggestion Box
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuffoftexas View Post
I still can't figure out if I'm to post suggestions, questions, or complaints in this thread or to this forum. So here is my question - why can't I delete a post that was a new thread I started? Perhaps after posting I realized I was in the wrong forum. Perhaps upon a second reading of my post I realized it was a futile or bad idea i.e., offering services gratis. Perhaps after meds kicked in I realized I was venting unnecessarily, or upon a second reading I realized nothing good could possibly result. Perhaps my large fingers on little laptop keyboard hit the submit button before I was ready to commit my thoughts as public. Etc., etc. Thanks.
You can delete a post, but not a thread. To do that, send a note to the moderators. For instance, if you inadvertently double-post a thread (happens sometimes when the system is running slowly, and you press "submit" twice; or you decide you've posted to the wrong forum and re-post in the correct forum), let us know and we'll clean it up if we haven't already.

However, once a thread gets going and others have posted replies to it, it would have to be pretty unusual circumstances for us to remove the thread. But if it's a double posted thread, we'll delete one or merge them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook