SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Cal 22 Owners?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009

NotQuiteCapnRon is on a distinguished road
Pneumatic,

Congrats on the new boat.

First, I'm no help on the roller furling repair. The furler sure is a great thing to have. Second, SEE PHOTO....I am not convinced this is the complete, original gooseneck arrangement, but the photo may help you come up with something that works for you. If you have to fabricate or adapt a gooseneck for her, keep in mind that the horizontal axsis of the gooseneck will be imparitive if you ever decide to add a rigid boom vang. Third, I don't think the earlier models had the table....I have an 85 and have not seen any indicators that there was a table, so I am no help there. I have seen photos of Cal 22's with tables at Cal 22 Sailboat Photo Gallery The site is the best resource for photos of Cal 22's I have found.
Lastly, my research on blisters indicates that to properly fix them, they should be drilled and drained before refinishing the bottom. There is information and procedures on how this is done readily available on this site and many others. Mine had blisters too, but lucky for me, the previous owner fixed them before I purchased.

I would be happy to send along any other photos to demonstrate rigging or hardware for you. Just let me know. I believe that jhgrav3, another Cal 22 owner in this forum, is working on scanning his manual. I'm not sure how much help it will be, but it might be interesting to see.

I'll be interested to see how you think the Cal compares to the Cat from a sailing standpoint.

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Callie goosneck.jpg (79.2 KB, 74 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook