SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine Seatalk failure
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnap892 View Post
About two months ago, we were hit with a nearby lightening strike that disabled my Raymarine st40 Wind and close hauled instrument and gave me a Seatalk failure on the st4000 wheel autopilot. For the Wind, I replaced the masthead as well as the instrument panel unit with a st60+ unit but the auto pilot still read seatalk failure. I sent the autohelm instrument to Raymarine and they sent it back, 6 weeks later and $200.00 later, but it still will not function and still reads seatalk failure. Any suggestions? I don't have much faith in the Raymarine factory techs, as their standard answer is send it back to us.
Try cleaning the connectins. If there is not a good connection with one of the HSBs (anywhere in the daisy chain) it will caluse a failure of almost the entire system. I had some corrosion on one terminal once and it caused really wierd failures. I think you have a wiring issue... just my guess.

I use a piece of wire inside the HSB cables. wiggle them all and make sure you push them in hard.

Again, from the limited description, this is my guess.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook