SailNet Community - View Single Post - Italy or Greece?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009

bareboatingtheworld is on a distinguished road
Sardinia or Ionians for me

You can't miss with either option. To make things more complex, you might also want to add Croatia into the mix. For any of these locations, stay away from 2nd half of July 'til end of August just too crowded, June to early July and September would be ideal. .

In Greece, I loved sailing in the Ionian islands in the Adriatic since it's a combination of Italy and Greece, but, leave from Levkas rather than Corfu and focus on the southern island group with a trip north depending on time available. But, my favorite place is Croatia from Split to Dubrovnik - combo of greece and italy with more medievil history. All have great food for provisions or eating out. Wind is probably strongest in Greece in summer months, sometimes too strong, particularly, in the Cyclides.

My site on wordpress offers a lot of information from my experiences in these areas including photo galleries, commented maps, logs, and also some insight articles about each area. You'll find info on Southern Sardinia, Ionian and Sporades in Greece, and Croatia, if interested.

Whatever you choose you can't miss.

Enjoy
Gaetano
Bareboating the World
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook