SailNet Community - View Single Post - Autopilots on PSCs
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009

MC1 is on a distinguished road
I just noticed the request for pictures of the install. For now I have a picture prior to the install showing the aluminum bracket for the linear drive (right side of photo, may be available from PSC - not sure because my boat came with it already installed) and the bronze Edson tiller arm (attached to the rudder post, available from an Edson dealer, spec's on the Edson website, PSC may also be able to get it at a good price for you). I'll take a picture of the installed linear drive and rudder position sensor and post it in the next day or two. I understand the newest units do not come with or (supposedly) require the rudder position sensor, but I've seen some posts where people have had problems without one. You might want to research that topic a little.

One item to take note of regarding the tiller arm installation . . . based on the recommendations from Edson and the geometries involved, one would end up attaching the linear drive shaft nearly at the end of the tiller arm. This should not actually be done with the PSC34 however because you'll have interference with the cockpit scupper drain hoses. My tiller arm had the correct hole position already drilled, which was several positions in toward the center (I'd have to measure it since I don't remember the exact postion off hand).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook