SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Cal 22 Owners?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009

NotQuiteCapnRon is on a distinguished road
Martin,

I'm clueless on bending tubing, but you might come across someone in another area of this forum that could answer or help.

Just a suggestion, but as long as your updating and repairing rigging, I think you should take a look at putting a rigid boom vang on her if cost is not a problem. The one Garhauer makes for our boat is about $300 and is great. It's really nice for me, because I am sailing solo most of the time....quick to reef, and I don't have the boom on the deck interfering with the tiller when I lower the main. Obviously, it helps with sailing performance as well.

Had a great day sailing by myself on Tuesday. Great, consistent wind all day, which is rare on our lake. It was 12-15 knots...perfect for the Cal 22 to have a vigorous solo sail. Our lake is narrow, so I do a lot of tacking. Then I pried my wife away from her desk on Wednesday and sailed again. Just a little 4-8 knots, favoring the 4 side, but we had a nice leisurely sail.

I should take some photos if I can get back out this week...we're in full fall colors in Kentucky right now. The lake has very few boaters this time of year, so it is quite peaceful and beautiful.

I'll keep teasing you with these stories so you are inspired to get her finished and in the water.

Ron
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook