SailNet Community - View Single Post - Daysailer for two ... ?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009
baDumbumbum

bobmcgov will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilega View Post
Wow, someone dug up my old thread ... well due to various circumstances in my life, I never got into sailing. But I just started lurking here again recently ...

But, my life is going into a new chapter now ... I am moving to central California (unaccompanied) and I am going to make my dream happen. I have found a few good sailing opportunities in Morro Bay and Santa Barbara. I think I am going to sign up for an ASA101 class at the SBSC and then look for a Lido 14 or something that size that I can learn and grow with. Something that will fit in a two-car garage and that can be towed by a 2008 Mazda3 5-door (I can park my car outside if the boat needs to go in diagonally).

I got bit by the sailing bug when I was about 20-21 when I got to fool around on an old Sunfish. Now 8-9 years later I am still dreaming. This time I am going to act.

Long term dream is to eventually live aboard in Annapolis, cruise the Chesapeake, US east coast, Bermuda, and the Bahamas.

Thanks.

Grant
Good for you, Grant. Wish I hadn't let it lapse; sometimes life gets in the way. Santa Barbara has a deep sailing culture and excellent learning opportunities. It's also severely $$$ and the wind there, it doth honk. HONK! You learn to sail there, you are ready for anything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook