SailNet Community - View Single Post - New member, new sailor UK!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Welcome DrifterJill,

Yes, there are a lot of 'mericans here but a large member base ensures that there are fellow Brits, Scots and even some Irish. The Welsh will no doubt have their own website somewhere.

I saw a few Newbridge Navigators on the web which says it is a 'bilge keel' model. A friend of mine in old Blighty had a Westerly Centaur or such boat which had the same 'dual keel' or 'bilge keel' arrangement so that it could sit upright when the tide recedes its usual 15+ feet instead of on its ear. It would seem that you got a pretty good deal for 1000 pounds, UK, as several were listed for over 2K.
My friend took his Westerly to France, across the channel and they nicknamed their boat the 'Spewins' as they hit some rough sea state (waves). They had fun though and regretted selling her in the end. I guess it had some of the dreaded 'blistering' on the hull.

The only other sailing forum I know of that has a more 'International' feel is the one with the initials of CF or cruisersforum. On the other hand, sailnet can benefit from your presence so please stick around. You already met a fellow Portsmouth sailor right here.

Again, welcome.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook