SailNet Community - View Single Post - 66 ft Bruce Roberts hull to gut and renovate...is this a good deal?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009

capoeirista is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the input. These are wise words indeed and I appreciate that you took the time to reply.

We can pretty much cover everything, including electrical, but excluding diesel. I grew up in a fiberglass factory, my father-in-law and I can do woodwork, I've run electrical on a very large boat (motor) and houses. What I think would be the bee's knees would be to find something that has woodwork that would cause a lot of pain for others to do. We can do exquisite woodwork and that would probably wind up being our trademark. We also have some unfair advantages like access to some great rapid prototyping machines to do inlays.

This thread has been very helpful for us to not only narrowly escape a nasty situation, but also help us focus on where our strengths are. We only need one boat to start with. Somewhere there's a perfect one that has badly degraded woodwork, electrical and fiberglass that needs some love.

Thank you all so much!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook