SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do I calculate prop slip for my six pack test?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
As an instructor of OUPV/100/200 ton Mate/Master. I only explain prop slippage and don't go into the math for it.
The MAIN thing to study is Rules of the Road and ColRegs. Nav Plotting for the 200 ton. Both require 90% in order to pass. OUPV & 100 ton Nav Plot is only 70%.
Nav General is 70% for passing.
Deck General/Safety is 70 Questions and needs only 70% to pass. This is where you would find the prop slip question if they had one in the exam.
So that are the four exams you would be taking for you license...oops excuse me... your Merchant Marine Credentials.
Also note: The R of R / ColRegs have gone from 30 to 50 questions per exam and still 90% to pass...
So have fun studying.

Please notice that I home studied for my first, second, third and fourth license. Which were 100 Master, third Mate unlimited, Second Mate unlimited and 1600 ton Master. The last three are all Ocean endorsed. Then you have the STCW, GMDSS (radio license), and Able Body Seaman. Plus Radar on all of that is necessary fot the upper level licenses. And this with an ex who was as supportive as a lump of clay while I studied.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maritime Instructor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Rapture

Last edited by Boasun; 10-23-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook