SailNet Community - View Single Post - Autopilots on PSCs
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009
Redwood Coast, CA.

fishtrip is on a distinguished road
Cloud Messenger's linear drive

On Cloud Messenger we have a Robertson/Simrad linear drive pilot that is mounted differently (I think) than any of the other descriptions here. Ours is not mounted in the "engine room". Cloud Messenger has three lockers lids in the cockpit, two of which are smallish located port and starboard of the rudder post (sorry I don't know the proper name for these lockers). The rudder post comes up through the bottom of this locker space and terminates just below where the helmsman would sit. Between the floor of this locker and the top of the rudder post there is plenty of room to attach an arm to the rudder post, and the locker itself (either port or starboard..... ours is on the port side) is big enough to house the motor/ram with plenty of room to store other gear......
Just make sure the ram and arm can move freely without hitting other stored gear.

I don't know if this is an option on a PSC 34 but thought others might be interested in hearing how ours is installed.

I tried posting a picture, but I guess it's too big for the system. If anybody is interested I can try posting it again tomorrow.
David Schachter
Cloud Messenger PSC 37 #293
San Francisco, CA.
(currently in Oriental, NC.)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook