SailNet Community - View Single Post - Plastic pollution
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009

GreatWhite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyt View Post
lets see i think this "patch" is one big greenie wet dream to show how bad we are.

its so big we could never clean it up, but there is not a single pic any where, be it from a boat, plane, or satellite. you would think some one would go tak. e pics just so they could show em.

as for the pics of the birds, i really think all those bottle caps would blow away. i mean half the bird rotted and blew away, why did the caps stay.
You got to be kidding right? If you are trying to be sarcastic you can put a /sarcasm after
a joke or sarcastic remark...if you are not joking then I pity your ignorance (on second thought maybe ignorance is bliss for you...not the rest of us though.)

Marine Debris Program - Funding Opportunities

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that human's incredible lust for plastic is having an effect on the ocean. Imagine 6 billion people and all their plastic, about 10 % of which ends up in the ocean. Have you ever been to a third world country? If so you know the garbage is littered every where and then eventually gets flushed into the ocean. Americans aren't much better and the volume of consumption is staggering. Did you drink from a plastic water bottle recently?

Last edited by GreatWhite; 10-26-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook