SailNet Community - View Single Post - 66 ft Bruce Roberts hull to gut and renovate...is this a good deal?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009

capoeirista is on a distinguished road
You've probably all seen this, but I just found it and cannot stop reading it. It's at arachnoid dot com slash sailbook (I still can't post a link.)

It's an ebook called *Confessions of a Long-Distance Sailor*, and it's an account of a software developer going around the world on his boat - like we hope to be. I'm completely caught up in it. He goes into great detail about what his life's like, what breaks, what's great, anchorage tales - all kinds of things. Have any of you read it? If so what do you think of it?

On Amazon, there are two *Occupation Navigator* books listed by Lars Hassler. One is *Occupation Navigator: Sailing Around the World* - out of print but available used, and the other is *Occupation Navigator: How to Finance a Lifestyle. 10 Years on the Seven Seas with S/Y Jennifer - which is out of print and unavailable. I've ordered the available one, and will keep an eye out for the other. The covers are different, but the blurbs sound similar enough that they may be different editions of the same book.

I eagerly await its arrival.

I'm certainly not above chartering. I enjoyed working on the charter schooner a *LOT* - I think it was my favorite job ever. Don't want to sound like I'm ruling anything out completely.

@hellosailor - Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Is this where I'll find out info on charter regulations for rebuilding boats?

@tubatooter1940 - Do you have any pics? I'd love to see them and I heard somewhere that they're much liked by the sailnet denizens! Is it really true that the sound of waves slapping against the hull is very different than the sound of fiberglass or metal? I bet she was gorgeous!

Thank you all for your replies here. I'm floored by the wealth of knowledge you are willing to share and how valuable it is!

Last edited by capoeirista; 10-26-2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason: tourtured speling
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook