SailNet Community - View Single Post - Very curious about expenses
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 01-12-2006 Thread Starter
merc2dogs

Very curious about expenses

I know that the subject has been discussed death before, But I am VERY curious as to what expenses people include when figuring the cost of living aboard, I''ve read everything from $500 a month which sounds like a logical $6000 annual, to around $60000+ which comes in at an unbelievable $5000 a month, most seem to be in the range of $2500 a month. What all are people figuring in (boat/house/car payments/insurance?) Do they include luxuries (satelite radio/tv/internet)? or just basic needs including food, water, fees, maintenance, insurance etc? I know people vary greatly, and what one considers a luxury, is a neccessity to the next, but I can''t qualify that great a difference.

My intention is to move to either the east coast or the gulf shortly, (soon as the boat''s finished, and the water''s clear) and live on the boat for a while and I''m trying to get a grip on possible expenses.

My boat is 28.5ft, paid for, insurance runs at $600 annual,(agreed replacement $10k) I don''t watch TV, and don''t have expensive tastes, so live pretty cheaply anyway, but living on the hard, I manage to do so on roughly 15k annual, (car insurance, rent, fuel, phone, utils, food etc)

Ken.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome