SailNet Community - View Single Post - wood shop on board
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
.....I could see it being done if you wanted to eat and sleep on work surfaces that convert to settees and saloon table..ect..and you have 38 to 40' minimum to work with.

You could have a small bench table saw possible router table combination for use as a sharper for a saloon table....a 48" joiner... 10 to 12" portable planer, ect all configured to be counter top or seat bottom space with the tool cranked down flush or flipped over like old sewing machine tables use to do...a Good saber saw can do almost what a band saw can except re-saw...and fill in the rest with hand tools and power hand tools..you could conceivably pull it off.

You will of course loose valuable storage area but it all depends if your single and what your goal for sailing is...I don't think it would be hard to do necessarily but the work space may get a little tight with any material of any length...or a half compleated project to constantly work around.. and dont forget to not build anything that wount fit out the companyon way...

I have a sinking feeling My wife would drill the first hole though if I tried something like that....and I can bet the bank on that..

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.

Last edited by Stillraining; 10-27-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook