SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best Trailerable 22-24' Boat?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009

Capt.Fred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcgov View Post
It's tough, wet, with low freeboard, good sailing qualities, fin keel (points well), quick for its ballast ratio, with exceptional capsize screening numbers for its length. They share a reputation for being among the most seaworthy vessels of their length and weight while remaining pleasant to sail.

*shrug* Among 20-21 footers, find me a boat closer to the much-vaunted attributes of a Contessa 32. Not the Flicka; not the Mini 6.5.

BTW, The Wilderness 21 was designed by Chuck Burns and later sold as the Burns 21.

Also BTW: Capt Fred -- Do you own (and are trying to sell) a Rob Roy 23 named Fiddlestix? A truly pretty craft. But if so, it's good form to disclose to us gentle readers you have a vested interest in recommending we buy one.
bobmcgov, Hi, no I don't own the pretty Rob Roy "Fiddlesticks", but I do know the owner up in Fairhope and hope that boat doesn't leave this area. Mike is ready for a larger boat for his cruising plans and is reluctantly selling his Rob Roy 23. Darn, bobmcgov, you tricked me into almost giving that pretty boat a plug.
Capt.Fred: The designer and single handed builder of the 50' 23 ton cutter ketch y'awl "Daedalus" launched in 1977. The designer and builder of a self charging electric power plant in his Southern Cross 28 "Icarus". Presently outfitting a Rob Roy 23 "biophilia.net" for a return extended cruise up the rivers of Central America. I just want to be closer to the water! Thanks for the query.
"It is better to be a hasbeen than a never hasbeen".

Last edited by Capt.Fred; 10-28-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook