SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for a Boat Inspector....
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009

Shipislandpirate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Shipislandpirate
The issues I am referring to are: Coach roof brow trim..section damaged during haul out.. the marina is fixing one section at their expense...State the rest of the brow is starting to rot..cost to fix 960.00 The rudder when turned by hand is just now starting to rub paint of the gudgeon...State the bushing may be starting to wear but doesn't need to be fixed at this time...Also, notice a crack in the coach roof approx 16 inches long kinda wanders with no definite start or stopping point..and the top to the v-berth door is warped or misaligned 1/2 inch or more...and the boat is suppose to come with jack stands but is sitting in a cradle...The owner was not present for the haul out when the trim was broken..I am wondering if the boat may have taken a tumble when placed on her jack stands and these odd symptoms that the owner is unaware of my indicate something more than meets the eye...The survey has been ordered and he should be out in the next week or so...But I want another trip up to the boat to take pics and ask some serious questions from the yard crew...This is my first boat purchase and I don't want to buy someone else's problem whether they know it or not without having all the facts and available remedies...

John
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook