SailNet Community - View Single Post - My new boat:) I am now at Atlantic Highlands Municipal Harbor:)
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009

Garffin is on a distinguished road
Some pics:)

I am going to try now to upload the pics. I wish I could log in everyday just to say yes so far so good but it’s sort of tough without a dingy. The guys at the marinas don’t like for me to park for free.  I understand but I would just like to park for a few hours in order to internet ect… I’m lucky today that I am getting a new filter for the outboard so they are letting me stay tied up until around 1ish. Eian from the marina gave me a lift in to town to get the filter. I ordered it from Napa will get it today. So I have a few hours to get some food and talk to some folks about my run down NJ. I am thinking that if the weather is good on Sat or Sun. I will head out. When I got out into the Lower Bay under sail yesterday it felt so good to see out into the Atlantic. I can’t wait to feel them swells under my boat.  Oh one thing that did happen to me that was funny when I left was heading toward Hells Gate the first night from Oyster Bay is that I had my Main sail up while I was motoring when all of a sudden the sail came down. Not good. When I headed back into Collage pt. at night, I found a half-sunken dragger of some sort with two big aft steel towers sticking up out of the water. I pulled up tied off, climbed up with a gaff in my hand reached all the way up standing on top of this thing and reached my clip for the main. I was the able to pull it down. I have now started to zip tie the clip so that it will not come loose. I think by my motoring with no wind and the main flapping around somehow caused it to become unclipped. Anyway my mast is about 35’ off the water. So it was a little sketchy but I got it done lucky that I didn’t have to climb a piling.

Last edited by Garffin; 10-30-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: wrong url
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook