SailNet Community - View Single Post - Plastic pollution
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009

GreatWhite is on a distinguished road
I consider myself an environmentalist but I have absolutely no affiliation with any enviro group whatsoever ...I but I believe that with the astronomical advances that are taking place with nanotechnology we will easily be able to produce all our current energy demand with solar within 20 years...

So regarding the tar sands I really think that we should be careful and bring a careful eye to what is going on there. The scale is absolutely MASSIVE and it really threatens a huge amount of water which is very precious in the Alberta province...

Similar to the bird pics...sometimes having a focus brought to an issue can have some benefits...not saying I have any answers but as most of us live in democratic countries it helps to know what is going on...

You can't believe everything you read but I sure a heck appreciate having ALL sides if the argument available to me.

I wouldn't want to miss any of the views...although many are sponsored.

Last edited by GreatWhite; 10-30-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook