SailNet Community - View Single Post - First time sail boat buyer
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2001

Ethan_nyc is on a distinguished road
First time sail boat buyer

Jeff, your response was exceptionally informative and I too printed it out for future reference. In the meantime I have a similar question with a nuance. I learned how to sail two months ago and have been sailing every week since on a 23'' Sonar. I love that boat and it would make be exceptionally happy to have that boat if only it had a head and a bed in the cabin. I am very impressed with the size of the cockpit and have no need for a cabin aside from the head and bed. I am trying to find out what inexpensive used day sailers exist similar to the Sonar in size, performance, etc with a similarly LARGE cockpit. I believe the Colgate 26 is a good alternative but how could I find others? If anyone knows of any, please let me know...I haven''t been able to find an easy way of identifying the size of a cockpit since most specs that I have come across do not state this information readily. The Sonar has 11''7" cockpit which is great for me. I will be sailing on the Hudson/Long Island Sound and have just friends, family and dates...no overnights.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook