SailNet Community - View Single Post - Resisting footitis
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009
overdue at Sans Souci

Diva27 is on a distinguished road
Resisting footitis

Thereís been a rash of moving-up in my club lately, and while I admire the purchases being made, Iím definitely trying to draw the line at my C&C 27 Mk 1 Diva and enjoy what I have. Iíd rather have a smaller keelboat thatís extremely well equipped than a larger keelboat that I personally might not be able to afford to maintain. So Iíve been chipping away at improvement projects, and one of them late this past season was a removeable shelf in the galley, inboard of the icebox. For $10 I added two square feet of counter space, which in a 27 is a huge gain. The C&C 27 is already a ďbigĒ 27, and Iím finding ways to make it bigger. Some day Deb and I may move up, but for now the goal is to trick out Diva with efficient use of space and equipment and gear upgrades.
I wrote about this humble shelf project (with a pic) on my cruising website Sweetwater Cruising
I know C&C 27 owners are ferociously inventive when it comes to maxing out interior space, but I'd be interested in hearing about what other under-30 keelboat owners have done to make the most of what they have, the more clever and less expensive the better.
cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is better to be vaguely correct than specifically wrong.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook