SailNet Community - View Single Post - Accomodations for cuddling and more
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Great quotes thus far in what is shaping up to be another SiNcity classic:

"Intimate experience berth" - now a new marketing term for sailboats. "Yes, it does have a fine galley and open, airy salon. But, check out this steamy intimate experience berth, or IEB. And yes - that IS shag carpet and a disco ball."

"Inevitably, one will be forced to crawl over their partner in the middle of the night for some reason." - well, yeah, kind of the point I'd say! Maybe "...crawl ALL over..." would be more apropos.

"There should be no need on a cruising boat for anyone to sleep [etc.] where people sit down to eat." Ewww. That's what the IEB is for.

"When I drive my 42' to weather in chop, it seems most of the spray lands amidship, right where a center cockpit would be." That's what she said.

"It's a boat, not a brothel." I'd rather sail the latter. But, hey, to each his own.

I agree with Bubb - if you're gonna "muss the mongoose" any spot'll do. However, I do respect DavidH's vision of several weeks of stern slapping while at anchor. Now THAT'S a brothel baby!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook