SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI Itinerary?
Thread: BVI Itinerary?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009
s/v 'Bout Time

malyea is on a distinguished road
BVI Itinerary?

Currently planning my first BVI charter for 6 days/7 nights second week in February. I've reserved a B393 with Moorings and plan to self provision with Bobby's Market. The ENE trades should be steady at 15 kts plus providing great sailing and the anchorages should be packed.......oh well.....

My goals are 1) sail a lot, 2) hit some highlights including Anegada and 3) avoid crowds when possible.

Seems like most suggested float plans leave Road Town to Norman Island, island hop ENE to Virgin Gorda (jumpoff to Anegada) then WSW counterclock wise around north side of Tortolla towards Jost Van Dyke.

Is there any benefit to going against the flow and circumnavigate Tortolla by turning west out of Road Town to sail a clockwise route, like maybe Jost Van Dyke first then ENE along north side of Tortolla to Anegada then back down to Virgin Gorda?

Next.... Crowd control - any suggested anchorages to add to the mix when we want to be away from the crowded mooring fields. Don't feel the need to have a ball, happy to be on the hook overnight.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook