SailNet Community - View Single Post - island packet 35
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
island packet 35

I wasn''t going to chime into this thread, since I have no allegiance to IPs, other than through close friends at our marina. However, I think Jeff has been overly brutal with his opinion and I tend to agree with the sentiments expressed regarding the decent sailing abilities of the IP 35.

We have sailed as guests on our friend''s prior IP 35 and were very impressed by the fit & finish, cabin space, comfort of the cockpit and ease of line handling. Yes, we were passed by racing machines on Narragansett Bay, home to some of the fastest boats under sail. But, we also easily passed other boats of equal size.

Last November, we cruised on their new boat, an IP 420, and were even more impressed. They have been full time liveaboards for the past 10 years in the NE and cruise up & down the coast frequently. Although not a racing machine by any definition, in my opinion, the boat is near-perfect for the purpose intended.

This viewpoint is from a Nauticat 33 Ketch owner, another one of Jeff''s victims of merciless assault, so take it for what it''s worth.

Steve
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook