SailNet Community - View Single Post - West Wight Potter - 19
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009
Relapsing

ArcherBowman is on a distinguished road
West Wight Potter - 19

I'm right on the cusp of buying a West Wight Potter - 19. She's five years old, stored outdoors but with a custom boat cover. Fresh water lake only and, to all photographic appearances, seems to be flawlessly maintained. The C.O. was the O.O. and estimates that she's been on the lake fewer than 75 times. Because the lake prohibits any engines at all, the stock Honda 4-stroke has never been out of the box and has zero (0) hours on it.

My primary sailing grounds are going to be on Lake Loudon, a wide spot in the Tennessee River. There will be some limited overnighting from time to time, but we are mostly looking for a comfortable day-sailer where my spousal unit can get out of the weather when necessary.

This is the "interim boat" for my wife to learn to sail on while we march toward retirement. My retirement dream is to sell the WWP -19 in about 15 years and replace her with a cruising boat and make an Atlantic Crossing while I'm still young enough to do it.

So I'm asking of anyone with experience with WWP - 19's, am I buying the right boat?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of sailing is? Love. You take a boat in to sea that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her afloat when she oughtta founder... tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens… makes her a home." Captain Malcom Reynolds, Paraphrased
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook