SailNet Community - View Single Post - West Wight Potter - 19
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009
Relapsing

ArcherBowman is on a distinguished road
Choices - Old Boat Vs New Boat

It's gotten more complicated than my original post. Now I have to pick between two boats. I've found a WWP 19 that I really like, but I have also found a Hunter 19 that appears to be the same boat as far as features go. The WWP is $11,000.00 and the Hunter is $5,000.00. The big difference is that the Potter is only 5 years old. The Hunter is over 10. The Potter has been in fresh water only, and has a brand new engine. The Hunter has spent the last year in salt water and has a working but well-used engine.

What to do?

This is the single largest purchase I've ever made. (The house was a gimmie - we had inherited half the value in it.) All cars have been bought used.

I don't mind tellin' ya, I'm on pins and needles over this.

Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of sailing is? Love. You take a boat in to sea that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her afloat when she oughtta founder... tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens… makes her a home." Captain Malcom Reynolds, Paraphrased
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook