SailNet Community - View Single Post - CD Is Leaving !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009
Somewhat Flexible Member

ssneade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Very sorry John. Turns out I have been reviewing all of the Sailnet threads to make sure I have everything for my boat: 2 grills, 4 solar panels, 2 seperate chart plotters and radars with 84 handheld gps backups, two radar reflectors, etc, etc.

Then guess wthat? I was flipping through the West Marine catalog and making sure I did not miss anything. Generally I can flip to any page and I have at least two on my boat. THen... I saw it!! SOmthing I did not have. They are called Trim Tabs.

HOLY CRAP! We stopped everything, cancelled the truck, put off the date, re-enrolled the kids, all of it. I ordered the trim tabs and have been going ovetr and over the instructions. They seemed to have left off how to install them on sailboats, so I am having to improvise. Should be done soon!!!

Brian

PS I will get even for changing the name. I STILL HAVE POWER SUPREME!!!
hey cdad. ya'know they make an adaptor kit where you can bolt those things to that rusty lump of iron you call a keel and they will in effect act as planers similar to a submarines. that way, if ya need to run from any so called storms, you can engage them and raise your hull out of the water, therefore reducing drag and gaining speed. just a suggestion. get outta here, ya bum..........