SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Live Aboard Marinas
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Annapolis Live Aboard Marinas

OK, so I'm all settled into my new marina and ready to spend next summer exploring Barnegat Bay when I get a call about a contract in Annapolis...

Not sure if it's going to go through but it's gone from zero to serious in just a couple of hours. I did a quick scanning of Craig's list and found quite a few month-to-month rentals in the Annapolis area. So I'm thinking rent an apartment December through March and move my boat down in April and live aboard for the balance of the contract (end of June, may extend another six months).

So I'm wondering about live aboard marinas that won't cost an arm and a leg or about private homes that would rent a slip with electric and water for less than the cost of a marina.

Any thoughts or recommendations on either slips or rentals ashore for the winter? I should know within 10 days if this is going to happen and I'll have to get things moving quickly.

Ugh,
Jim

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook