SailNet Community - View Single Post - Honda 100
Thread: Honda 100
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009
smillinjack

smillinjack is on a distinguished road
Honda 100

Bought an old honda 100 sailpower for $350 bucks . Used it last weekend on the Starwin 22, motor sailed from Green Cove Springs to Jacksonville FL. and it ran great. Went 35 mi. on two gal. gas. Spent the night at the marina across form the river walk. The band at the river walk blasted us till 2 AM. Next morning sailed back to Green Cove. I had a hard time starting the engine, finally got it started ,got in and loaded up the boat. Next day through the engine in the run barrel and I noticed oil leaks and also no spark to the plugs. cleaned up all the wiring connection and got the engine running. I noticed a lot of back pressure in the crank case. looked for a vent system and found it and the pee hole for the water pump they were filled with mud dober mud. Checked the charger system found that the coil was good but the diode was
bad, replaced that with 25 amp 4 way bridge ( $6.00 part) and it worked great. Honda wants $60.00 bucks for that part. The Starwin 22 is a project boat and the fix list is getting shorter. Happy Sailing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook