SailNet Community - View Single Post - What You Have Learned After Becoming a Liveaboard
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
I've learned the truth of Capt Force's frequent comment on this forum - own nothing on land - we're cruising now but still have a car & storage shed back in Annapolis - sometimes I wonder just how useful it is to own things that are hundreds of miles away?

Also along those same lines the great comment my friend Linda made: what you bring aboard is (first) safety; (second) tools; (third) everything else.

When things go wrong, those are the most memorable experiences. (Ouch!)

Boat friends are awesome!

If you spend a day indoors, you may never remember it. If you spend a day on the water, you may never forget it.

Whatever makes you feel like you're camping out - address that or you'll never last as a liveaboard. Your boat is your HOME, not a temporary state. For us that means good communications, hot water, bright lighting in the evening - doesn't matter what it is, find your triggers and make sure you've resolved the things that'll make you crazy.

PS - the best way to make ghee is on a super-low flame. If your stove can't get below a simmer it will never settle properly.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook