SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunter 28.5?
Thread: Hunter 28.5?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Hunter 28.5?

I got a call from a broker today who just got in a 1988 Hunter 28.5. He's pushing me to look at it right away because it "will sell real fast" because of its great condition. I'm going to take my time, because there are lots specimens of this boat out there. He does seem to have a good price on it vs. Catalinas, O'Days, and other production boats - but it's a Hunter, so that's what I would expect. (A quick check on Yachtworld puts the asking price about in the middle, but if the condition is as good as he says that would be a good price. I need to do more research on this.) He said it has had a complete epoxy barrier coating of the hull and (he thinks) the keel.

I've heard so many "things" about Hunters that I'm reluctant to even give it a look. We got on a couple that had real problems a few weeks ago, and that left a very bad impression, especially with my wife.

If you have good things to say to encourage me to look at this model of boat, please post them here. If you have bad things to warn me about, please send me a PM. (I don't want to start open Hunter bashing up here.) I'll be looking at some Hunter websites this evening.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook