SailNet Community - View Single Post - Daysailer question. Looking at Pearson Ensign!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009

AmeriCdn is on a distinguished road
Daysailer question. Looking at Pearson Ensign!

Well i havent' posted here in over a year i think. i was originally planning on buyign a cruising boat, but ended up moving to NYC where I got a job in a marina that I adore. So my needs have changed and I've settled on wanting to buy a nice classic daysailer. I have been looking at pearson ensigns, they are in my range, but I am looking for alternatives.

Now i think most people know the Ensigns look and lines, thats what I'm really after. I want a functional, yet beautiful daysailer. i would like a large cockpit, but a small cabin with perhaps enough room to overnight. I've been looking at ensigns and they are essentially perfect.

I am just wonderign what other options are out there. I love the look of alerions, who doesn't, but I am looking for a working boat that I can sail nearly immediately for 10k or under. I then intend to spend a winter workign on it and refubrishing it. Where i am now i'm blessed with havign a family country home where it can be stored inside only an hour from where I live and be worked on over the winter properly.

So send me in some directions, links boat names etc.

Oh, i'm also fairly fond of the Bristol 19's, but I haven't seen any in person. .
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook