SailNet Community - View Single Post - Daysailer question. Looking at Pearson Ensign!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009

AmeriCdn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
There is an active racing fleet of Ensign sailors up at Nyack, NY as well as a few other nearby locations. Ensign Class - Ensign Fleets
There are always a few for sale: Ensign Class - Used Boats
I also like the look of the Ensign even if the newer designs sail faster. You will also be paying more for a newer boat. Jeff is correct about the non-self bailing cockpit. The moored Ensigns all sport a canvas cockpit cover. You might have to buy a new trailer for an Ensign but you would recover the cost after a few winters of not paying winter storage fees.
Good luck.
i'm not going to lie, i'm well aware there are better boats out there, however, i'm buying this more as a project and something to take care of. Thankfully through my sailing club membership and my job I have access to j/24's anytime I want as well as a number other sailboats. I guess i'm looking at this more as a classic car - ya there are better handling newer cars with all the bells and whistles but they miss the charm of the simple old boat, and I love wood and find it a pleasure ot care for so the large amounts of wood i've seen in cockpits I see as a plus
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook