SailNet Community - View Single Post - Daysailer question. Looking at Pearson Ensign!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriCdn View Post
i'm not going to lie, i'm well aware there are better boats out there, however, i'm buying this more as a project and something to take care of. Thankfully through my sailing club membership and my job I have access to j/24's anytime I want as well as a number other sailboats. I guess i'm looking at this more as a classic car - ya there are better handling newer cars with all the bells and whistles but they miss the charm of the simple old boat, and I love wood and find it a pleasure ot care for so the large amounts of wood i've seen in cockpits I see as a plus
I totally understand your position. I own a 1967 Tartan 27' which looks very much like an Ensign below and above the water line but is just a few feet bigger. An Ensign should be easier to put on a trailer though.
The woodwork can be a labor of love but also looks great when maintained.
I spent a couple of nights on our boat and it was wonderful to illuminate the cabin with warm but subdued light of a kerosene lantern.
Is our boat a competitive racer? Not usually, but it is still a lot of fun to sail.
Enjoy your Ensign. They are pretty boats.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook