SailNet Community - View Single Post - South Jersey - Brigantine to Cape May questions
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009

tstewart137 is on a distinguished road
South Jersey - Brigantine to Cape May questions

First off..Iím new but enthusiastic. I have a couple of lessons and some frostbite-crew racing experience.
More lessons planned for the spring time.
My experience so far consists of racing in the Delaware river with a local club.
I love sailing but the river between the bridges reminds me of the expressway in all of the worst ways. It's dirty & crowded with dangerous traffic.

I am just as close (towing or commuting) to the shore as the city so Iím looking for some pointers on the followingÖ.
General comments on the quality/relative ease of sailing in the back bay area and near-shore ocean sailing from Brigantine to Cape May?

General comments on the quality/relative ease of sailing in Delaware Bay. Iíve read some that say it is treacherous and others that disagree.?

Tomís River/Barnegat and Maryland are fine for occasional trips but too far for regular trips.

Given this area as home base, are there any other special considerations for purchasing a daysailer/weekender type boat in the 25 ft range?

Iíll be solo or with the spouseÖwho has even less experience than I.

Thanks in advance for your help.

T
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook