SailNet Community - View Single Post - Very Good Vendor Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith of Holland View Post
In 39,000 miles, circumnavigating the world, we rarely found "bad" vendors. There was the occasional incompetent vendor, but all in all, in the sport (hobby, lifestyle) we've chosen, the people servicing us have demonstrated integrity. I have a hard time thinking about the 'outstanding' vendor because from West Marine shipping a stove to us in Malaysia (they had to ship three times, because of damage in transit), to local hardware stores, chandleries, and shipyards everywhere, we've dealt with top-notch people.

Sailing Faith: Home Page
What a nice post.

I do think that most people, at least the smaller companies, go into business with a real desire to serve and to make a good name for themselves. You can't please all the people all the time, but if doing so is one's goal, I think that it happens more often than not.

One of my favorite sayings is that it take ten happy customers to make up for one dissatisfied customer. It only makes good business sense to try to be a top notch vendor.

I love to work for people who have attitudes like the one displayed in FOH's post.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook