SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seizures at Sea?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmhead View Post
A very personal decision to make. I'd agree with you that single handing is out for the time being and perhaps forever. Give up sailing? I wouldn't. What I would do is make certain that the person(s) I sail with are competent to take over command of the vessel. That includes your wife if you have one. I am constantly amazed at the husbands that do not permit their wives to handle the boat. At a minimum, she should be able to call for help on the VHF, start the engine, navigate safely avoiding obstacles and other vessels... and hopefully...ideally... be able to drop the sails and get to port. If she can't get into your slip, she should at least be able to land on a T-head or bulkhead. Anyone sailing with a wife that can't handle the boat may as well be sailing singlehanded.

MGM
I could not agree more. I was diagnosed with a heart condition last January. It's not going to stop me. But if you find me drifting, cold and slumped over the wheel, just know I died where I wanted to be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook