SailNet Community - View Single Post - What You Have Learned After Becoming a Liveaboard
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009
Meat Popsicle

nailbunnySPU is on a distinguished road
Just discovered Quinoa

Bob's Red Mill Organic Grain Quinoa, 26-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4): Amazon.com: Grocery

It's real good bachelor chow, this stuff outrices rice as far as flavor and is a good source of protein with the right amino acid balance.

Being spoiled with pressure water, I got my first faucet filter. After a few weeks of using it, I say, screw pitcher filters.

Just because I have 30 amps shore power doesn't mean I can run it all through one gfci outlet.

I'm thinking about putting down some cork floor and got some samples Amazon.com: Wicanders Seville XTEC Cork Flooring Sample, Marble: Home Improvement
Not impressed. It's fiberboard sandwiched between two layers of cork. Too rigid and i can imagine a lot of water wicking. This search continues. I'm inspired by Rikki-tikki-tavi... The Cork Floor and may use their source.

I've developed an approach to varnishing the interior of a boat I live on. Do it before I go on vacation.

Last edited by nailbunnySPU; 11-16-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook