SailNet Community - View Single Post - The View From The Top
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 11-16-2009
smackdaddy
Last Man Standing

Bene,

Drawing from your pioneering stonesyness - I decided to do the hop myself. I needed to replace the anchor light bulb, straighten the windex, and prove my manhood.

Here's the glory:

As for lessons learned, you'll notice I initially went up on the jib halyard. Bad call. I ruined the plastic pulley wheel (whatever it's called - Knot, help me out here). So, after the wire halyard jumped the disintegrated wheel when I was almost back down the mast, I had to then clip into the main halyard (like I should have done in the first place - idiot), unclip from the jib hal, and climb all the hell the way back up to fix the jib hal. Once there, I pulled the pin at the mast top, switched wheels with the unused spin halyard side, and we were good to go. It was then I noticed that the main hal wheel was the only metal one. Now I get it.

So now I've got more work to do on my next ascension. Oh well.

So who else has been to the top. Got pics? Get 'em out!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 11-16-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome