SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau Oceanis 40-45
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009

CrazyRu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgoldberg View Post
T But telling a guy who specifically stated that he wants a boat for coastal cruising and living aboard not to buy a Beneteau because of this one story really doesn't do the poster any favors and really leads him astray, IMHO.

Not picking a fight with you, just my opinion, and I didn't want the OP to get the impression that a Beneteau (or Hunter, Catalina, Jeanneau, Hanse, etc.) is not suitable for his stated intended use.
I don't see in any of my posts any suggestions to buy or not to buy the boat. I believe in free and well thought-out choice...

Here is example, it is taken from BeneteauUSA FaQ page
Beneteau Previous Models:

Visually inspect the keel to hull joint. It is not uncommon to have a small (1/8") gap at the front and rear seam of the keel to deck joint. This is caused by the keel having a flat top and the hull having a rounded shape. The gap should be cleaned with mineral spirits, allowed to dry and filled with 3-M 5200 Marine Adhesive.

After reading this, I wonder, why keel having a flat top, and hull having rounded shape?

There are many other examples from same page, should I continue?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking up a fight either. Questions like this one bother me all my life...

Last edited by CrazyRu; 11-17-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook