SailNet Community - View Single Post - Going to Sea? What watch would you wear?
View Single Post
post #38 of Old 11-18-2009
jephotog

My input

I have worn the cheap timex for years, because they are cheap, and reliable with many funcitons. I do have some nice watches but do not want the heavy or expensive watch on all times. A dive watch really hurts your wrist when banging down a mountain bike trail. Also it is hard to convince a salesman you can't afford something when wearing a Rolex, even if it is a fake.

If I were to wear a watch on watch, a disposable timex would be my first choice. I do have and wear a casio pathfinder now and really like it. I got it online for less than $200.

PAW 1300
It has a bunch of cool stuff on it and I like cool stuff.
solar panel
Atomic clock sync
barometer
altimeter
compass

I thought some of the features were unecessary but bought this model anyways and have enjoyed never having to do anything to it for 2 years and have all those functions available and an accurate time to set all my other clocks with.

Whatever watch you get, I recommend getting a "band" watch. Chisco - The Band Watch Band
Unless you get a nice heavy watch then it looks cheesey. But if will allow you a variety of fits so you can put it under or over a few layers. Also, if the watch gets caught on anything it will break one pin and the watch and band will still be with you. You will need to replac the pin though so get some spares.

Jordan
West Wight Potter 14 "Lemon Drop"
Oceanside CA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome