SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Cruising Life, by Jim Trefethen, and Cruising Financials
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009

DalesStar is on a distinguished road
Well first I have to say that Jim Trefethen's book is "his way". I like all the anti-Pardey's views (ie the other side of the coin), it just suggests that there are more than one way to do anything.
Second, the first 2 pages of Chapter 8 "Life aboard" made me laugh for 10 minutes. That's what sent me on this quest. I'm sure everyone has been in that situation at least one time, but his recount of it was great.
I've been a Thoreau follower since I was in the Marines. Seem a bit ironic to my Capitan that I was reading Civil Disobedience and Walden Pond. I went hitching around the states before the Marines. My friend and I were gone for 4 months. Starting from Seattle, going to Wisc., to LA then back to Seattle, Anyway, when we got back it was like we went through a time warp. Everyone was on a different pace than we were. We weren't into time, or our pace changed.
Again, anyway, I'm working on restoring a 1974 33' Morgan OI, refit everything. I'll be finishing it up this winter. My wife and I plan to take off and hopefully find that slow pace again.
I appreciate all of what this forum has to offer and the ability for everyone to share their opinions and experiences. Thank you
Dale
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook