Old 11-23-2009
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiacpaul View Post
Tips needed as a Young Woman Sailing!

Adrenalin Sports Tours

for what its worth,
this young lady is to be commended for her effort.
In addition, no one here said anything untoward.

Now however, the “rest of the story”

This lady and the rest of her crew had to be rescued by the coast guard.
Conventional wisdom is take classes, learn, experience things, crew, gain some wet feet time.

Naw, it ain’t gunna make it, its all about the rip, the thrill, the cutting edge, taking chances, dancing with the devil, shouting at danger. Adrenalin, Right dude? Fight Club, right? You ain't a sailor if... right? BFS, ain’t that so? Knarly dude, high fives, eh? Ice up a cold one, good day, nobody died.

Bullshite.
Whats left is this… injuries, scars – physical and emotional, a lost boat and putting other people in danger (don’t give me that claptrap about it being the coast guards job…. I say darwins rules here, Why is it a god given right to be saved from yourself?) and broken dreams.

Maybe they should get a bfs shirt or sumpin.
nobody died.
That is as you say CP, unfortunately a really sad ending to a young dreamer's grand adventure.

Now I actually don't give a hoot about this thread or Smack's BFS shirts, what I want to know is what did these guys do wrong???? I want my own adventure but without the coast-guard chopper. What do I need to do differently to have a successful, safe BFS??

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook