SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tohastsu - 8hp 4cycle - tech questions
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009
SaltwaterSuzi/CapnLarry

LarryandSusanMacDonald will become famous soon enough
Well, that's it. One for the engine. None for Cap'n Larry. I hang my head in defeat. They DO not make rum fast enough.

I put it back together - only dropped one part into the water - a little plastic spacer between the carburetor and the manifold. It didn't seem to make a difference- though I'm sure it's there for some reason. But I fired it up and it still runs fast but stalls when it runs slowly. I can't see any dirt at all in the thing. But, not being a mechanic, I've got little with which to compare it .

I'll be taking it to a mechanic. And in the meantime we'll just swim ashore.

How do they clean those things - drop it in a bucket of carbon tetrachloride? Steam? Ultrasonic? Cursing at it really loud? That doesn't work - I just tried it. You may have heard me. I don't care where you are - those sailor words were from me.

Thank you, Gentlemen. I really appreciate your input. Take care, and please help me blow up E.P.A. headquarters for their cursed ethanol laced gasoline.

"A sailboat is a fickle mistress. You’ve got to buy her things. You’ve got to understand everything about her. What you don’t know she’ll use against you." -Captain Larry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook