SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bluewater - 1980 Hunter 33 or 1973 Contest 33
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009

mitiempo will become famous soon enough mitiempo will become famous soon enough
I agree with Adam. As far as I know it is a Cherubini designed Hunter, at least the other 1980 33' Hunter on Yachtworld is. I still think the Contest is a better boat but a lot would depend on condition and upkeep over the years. Pictures do lie - either a survey or a real good look by an experienced amateur would be required before making a decision on either in my opinion. I say experiences amateur because many wouldn't want to pay for a survey at these selling prices. I'd do my own survey but that's not for everybody. The Hunter is better equipped in some ways but there is a fair difference in sail wardrope with the Contest ahead there and sails are more expensive than macerators and used batteries. If all the gear is top notch on the Hunter and it is in good shape it should be priced higher. There are 3 1980 Hunter 33 on Yachtworld, priced at 14,900, 19,900, and 21,500. What I would ask myself is why both these boats are priced so low. The Contest owner is moving to Japan so wants to sell fast. What's the Hunter owner's reason?
Brian
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook